Bookbuilders of Boston is a nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing together people involved in book publishing and manufacturing throughout New England. Our blog describes industry events that we sponsor or attend.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

April Casual Networking Bowls Us Away

(Cut us some slack on the headline. It really was a great response from members and others at Sacco's Bowl Haven.)

I am a self-proclaimed non-bowler, and I still enjoyed this one. There was flatbread pizza, after all. And doesn't this look like fun?




I met colleagues from Jones & Bartlett, EBSCO, Pearson, Brill, Christian Science Press, Bedford St. Martin's, and Focus/Pullins. And, as I look at the happy faces in these pictures, I see how many people were there that I didn't have a chance to meet.
 
I am sure we'll repeat this venue, and next time I'll see about renting some bowling shoes. How can I fail with the mini bowling balls used for candlepin?

I have to say that I was a little worried about this one ... being in Somerville and all. Bookbuilders events held outside the city have been a little dicey. But this was a sellout.
 
It would be hard to find a better way to learn as much about Boston publishing--jobs, trends, projects, etc.--and enjoy great company at the same time. Thank you to everyone who contributes to this friendly professional community.


No comments:

Post a Comment